What information do we collect, acquire, or gather and why:
As part of the seafarers’ deployment, we collect and gather data through our email and actual interview. Data gathered include, but are not limited to, written personal and directory records including photographic images and other digital materials.
We collect and gather data in many ways such as through e-mail and actual interview. Seafarer’s personal data may include information about the seafarer including their deployment records such as, but not limited to, passport details, seaman’s book, training certificates and other documents as required by POEA, MARINA, OTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCIES AND FOREIGN EMBASSIES including national and international required documents.
Who uses your information:
Your information is accessed and used by the Operations Manager, Documentation Officer and Accounting Personnel duly authorized to process your documentations. All users concerned have a legitimate interest in the proper use of data for carrying out their duties.
How we use the applicant’s information:
As we collect information through email and actual interview, its primary purpose is to verify validity and authenticity of the seafarer’s documentation for the information of the Principal. We collect and use personal information (including name, address, telephone number, and e-mail) in order to have ready access to an updated data more particularly for proper briefing and reporting of seafarer’s status to their respective Principals.
Thus, we would only use your personal information for the following purpose/s:
- submit to the Principal for the latter’s initial review and approval;
- administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you may have with us pertaining your deployment status;
- evaluate applications for review and approval of the Principal;
- directories for the pool of seafarers in case of immediate deployment;
- compile data and generating reports for statistical and analytical purposes;
- improvement of company and Principal’s operations, processes and policies.
If at any time you wish us to stop using your information, for any or all of the above purposes, please contact us through our office landline 02-8404-3995 or email email@example.com. We will stop the use of your information for such purposes as soon as it is reasonably possible to do so.
How we share client information with non-affiliated third parties:
We don’t share your information with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. We will not disclose any personally identifiable information without your permission, unless we are legally entitled or required to do so, (for example, if required to do so by legal process or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime), or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights, property or personal safety, those of our users and other individuals.
As an accredited manning agency, we do share our disclose information to others include the following:
- sharing information to the governing regulatory bodies on the deployment of seafarers in the Philippines;
- Principals ‘review of your documents prior to approval;
- Arrangement and processing of your allotment to the accredited bank;
- uploading your information to our directory information for manpower pooling;
- publishing testimonials, achievements, and success stories in our Facebook page, website, other social media sites, and publications, with your awareness and consent
Please be assured that we will not use your information for any of the purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish us to use your information in this way when submitting the information or at a later stage.
Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We maintain your records through our Quality Management System Procedure for Documented Information. Records such as physical and electronic are kept and safeguarded. These safeguards include but are not limited to the following:
- We restrict access to personal information about our seafarers active and inactive to those employees who need to know that information other than those in need of their data as required by law and or their functions;
- We will punish any employee who intentionally or unintentionally share your information as written on our Non-Disclosure Policy. As the management deems proper, the punishment may be administrative or by other legal options as provided by law.
- We use a ‘system enable password’ so as to secure our internet and e-mail connections in order to protect the confidentiality of electronic communications.
How you will be notified of changes to our policy:
Although most changes are likely to be minor, Beamko Shipmanagement Corp. reserves the right, acting reasonably, to modify our Policy at any time in our sole discretion, and will publish notice of any such modification on our official website and Facebook page. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting.
Capt. Juanito G. Salvatierra, Jr.